Sunday, September 26, 2004

The Abyss

Continuing from my previous blog, here's a small poem dedicated to my friend Krishna:

The Abyss

Leaving time behind me -
The ravenous predators’ cries

Delving deeper into the tunnel
With no light in sight
Darker grows the space
Around me, Obfuscation:

Alert, confused and nervous
I become; Are these
The boundaries of anarchy?
The webs of encumbrance?

The changes I sought, chasing
The enigma of utopia
The parochial desires that –
I wished to extinguish

Gravitating through the vortex
Metamorphosis of the psyche
Bestowed with the child;
The creation pristine

Encompassing is the vigor,
As if from the vials
Of Ambrosia; sublime is
The bliss of the enlightened

Rudely awoken to degeneracy,
Brimming desire to preach,
To rebel, to lead conscience –
My fellowmen to utopia

Yet the pangs of human touch
Blots in the serene innocence
That unknown trace of impurity -
The nucleus of anomaly; so

Yet another soul has to
Fall into the abyss.

Acknowledgements: Prof PS, MSB 121 (?) for giving me complete freedom to do what ever I want (like writin' poems) in his class, and still giving me attendance. And all u guys who have taken the pains to read such crappy stuff frm me. Apologies are due from my side.

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Abhimanyu said...

Dai...if you were waiting for someone to say this...here goes...

"The poem is GOOD!"

If you thought the new look is better..."yes it is!!"

And if you are thinking why i'm commenting about all this..."bloody, I want you to update your blog!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home